GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,584
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bpittyjunor9856
» Online Users: 1,638
0 members and 1,638 guests
No Members online

Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Langox510x Send a message via Yahoo to Langox510x
I'm part of a local frat, Phi Sigma Chi that came out of Phi Sigma Epsilon when they merged with Phi Sigma Kappa. We didn't really like how the PSK didn't do sh!t for us as well as a few other frats around the Wisconsin area. I know there are other Phi Sigma Chi's, but we are really only close to one and that is the one at UW Platville.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langox510x View Post
I'm part of a local frat, Phi Sigma Chi that came out of Phi Sigma Epsilon when they merged with Phi Sigma Kappa. We didn't really like how the PSK didn't do sh!t for us as well as a few other frats around the Wisconsin area. I know there are other Phi Sigma Chi's, but we are really only close to one and that is the one at UW Platville.

The one at Platteville is just called Phi Sigma.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Langox510x Send a message via Yahoo to Langox510x
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
The one at Platteville is just called Phi Sigma.
Wow, you sure do your research, but as I said before we are a local fraternity so it should be no surprise that they have a different name. When Phi Sigma Kappa took us over they also took aver 30+ Phi Sigma Epsilon in Wisconsin. From what I know they weren’t struggling fraternities by any means, but only 13 of those still exist today. Platville is Phi Sigma, but we still are pretty close associated, and do have events with one another. One of my goals is to try to get and keep in contact with a few other former Phi Sigma Epsilon fraternities that have gone local and possibly invite them down to stay over at our house sometime.

If Phi Sigma Kappa ever wanted to work with us and actually do something for the Phi Sigs in Stevens Point I might be all for going back to Kappa's, but until they prove to us that they are willing to lift a finger I'm glad to be part of Phi Sigma Chi!

Damn Proud!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow, you sure do your research, but as I said before we are a local fraternity so it should be no surprise that they have a different name. When Phi Sigma Kappa took us over they also took aver 30+ Phi Sigma Epsilon in Wisconsin. From what I know they weren’t struggling fraternities by any means, but only 13 of those still exist today. Platville is Phi Sigma, but we still are pretty close associated, and do have events with one another. One of my goals is to try to get and keep in contact with a few other former Phi Sigma Epsilon fraternities that have gone local and possibly invite them down to stay over at our house sometime.

If Phi Sigma Kappa ever wanted to work with us and actually do something for the Phi Sigs in Stevens Point I might be all for going back to Kappa's, but until they prove to us that they are willing to lift a finger I'm glad to be part of Phi Sigma Chi!

Damn Proud!!
I wouldn't say it's research as much as I lived right by them when I was living in the Gamma Phi Beta house at Platteville and we had socials and whatnot with them. And, btw, it's P-L-A-T-T-E-V-I-L-L-E.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Sol you guys never joined Phi Sigma Phi, the fraternity that was formed by the ex-PSEs that didn't go PSK?
Quote:

Damn Proud!!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiRhoPres
Lightbulb

I could only find a few people who were kidding with the name Pi Rho. I'm not sure if there's any serious organization other then us with those letters. Thats kinda why we like them, cause they can be a joke but we used the fire symbolism to really mean something to us.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Burn Brightly sisters!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:54 AM
That1LoudChick

Phi Gamma Pi

There is a fraternity that has been around since 1924 called FGP as well. I am in the midst of contacting them and informing them about my sorority.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ultraexactzz
christinasmile: to my knowledge, there are very few organizations that use the four-letter scheme. You should be good to go there, and good luck!

We actually ran into this with Epsilon Tau Pi. Initially, we used Epsilon Alpha Phi as our name, and everyone seemed cool with it. Over the summer before our first rush, however, a friend of mine went to florida and found a Jewish Sorority using the name. Since we wanted to go national and needed trademarks and copyrights and such, we opted for the new name. It still ends up shortened to "EatPI", but hey - it's ours.

That's the only problem I can think of with shared names, if one group goes national.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alpharhomega
We're the Alpha Rho Omega sorority, and a few years back, we discovered a fraternity at John Carrol (sp?) with our letters. However, they recently went national, so now I think we're the only ones )
Old 08-17-2003, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hi! I am new to GreekChat.com. My name is Emily and i'm in a local at Kean University in NJ.

I know that there are alot of Sigma Beta Chi Fraternities around the US. There is one in Texas, Florida, New York and I think Minnesota. Yet there is only 1 sorority, in Union, NJ. IF anyone has seen a Sigma Beta Chi Sorority, please notify me! I'd love to chat with them.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

We share "Phi Chi" with a local fraternity, I believe it's located on the west coast somewhere...
Old 09-15-2004, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to omegamcgee
We're Omega Sigma Alpha...I don't think anyone else has our name.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Laces02
There is another Kappa Chi Alpha @ Baylor in Texas. I know that one of our older sisters tried to contact them a while ago, but i dont think it was successful.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL
We share "Phi Chi" with a local fraternity, I believe it's located on the west coast somewhere...
I meant to tell you this earlier, but there is also a local fraternity at Ohio State University who shares your name!