GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,647
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Rachiokzo
» Online Users: 1,812
2 members and 1,810 guests
Phrozen Sands, Tridentia

Old 03-18-2006, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

So here I go.....

Hello everyone!

So I've been on GC for a few months and since I've gotten on here a lot of things have changed. After getting to know more about all the NPC groups I've decided to pursue AI. I've noticed that a lot of PNAM's share their journey on here so I figured I would too. So here it goes! I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Banned

Strap in for a wild ride! Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Shout out to someone who went to my old school! Best of luck!
Old 03-19-2006, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

As You can see, some took longer than others, but it was none less the Most Rewarding Experience.

Never give up as it may take longer. Have Heart and Keep Working.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-21-2006, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone for such warm words!!!! Oh and hello to my fellow ECU alum! I'll be sure to share things as they come up in this journey and I thank those of you whom I've spoken to already and those who have offered to be there for a fellow PNAM. So I thank you in advance for all the times you all will be there for me! I'll make another post later and detail the journey so far b/c I have already been working on this for a little while before I decided to post my saga. Like I said already but I can't say it enough.... thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome! There is a wealth of information on AI here. Read and enjoy the journey.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

So, to give the background on this so far. I finally decided in January to give the AI process a go. I reasearched virtually all 26 groups to see where I would fit and reached out to ones where I thought I would fit. At this time there are 2 that I really love and cant wait to meet some alumnae members! Most other threads that i have read give their groups code names... I am a shoe freak so mine get to be named after shoes Right now I am waiting to get to meet with alums in Jimmy Choo and Manulo Blanick (love the shoes but cant spell...sorry). So when I actually have a chance to meet with anyone from these groups I will let everyone know! So that's the saga to date. If anything happens I will keep all informed. And once again, thank you everyone for the warm welcome. It will make this very trying process a little easier.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I hope things work out!! If you need any cheering up or cheering on, please PM me!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks MJo19! As I get further down this AI road I am POSITIVE I will need both cheering on and cheering up!

And jill, not only did we go to the same college I am soooo excited to see that you are also a Duke fan!!!!!!! That makes you even cooler.... can't wait until we have that national title to celebrate in a couple of weeks
Old 03-26-2006, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, so an update... a third group has entered the picture

Jill....clean out your PM box
Old 03-26-2006, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck, but be careful that you don't get involved with too many groups...
Old 03-26-2006, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks kddani,

Saying your talking to more than one group is one of those things that I've noticed can create some debate. I guess my reasoning for it is that since AI can be very lengthy I just wanted to look at multiple groups at the same time. This process is going to take a while anyway, I just don't want it to take any longer than it has to. But like I said, I do appreciate the advice
Old 03-31-2006, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Update

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was contacted by a local alumnae chapter!! We are going to set up a time to meet!!! Yeah!!!!!! I'm so happy! When I have more details I will post them. This contact is with group #3.

Last edited by Jimmy Choo; 04-02-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you met with the alumnae group yet? Anymore news? Hope all is going well with your AI journey!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

No we haven't met yet.... but we are going to coordinate our schedules after Easter and set a time for me to meet with some members of the local alum chapter. So I'm really excited to have some time of time frame to deal with. I don't know about other PNAM's but I can say I felt a HUGE weight lifted just knowing that the contact had been made with the local chapter. It's a great feeling to know that this journey actually will move foward; not just stay in a holding patern. So as soon as I know when I get to meet and greet I will post it right away!!!