GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,605
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, ashleyexaxdoz70
» Online Users: 1,148
1 members and 1,147 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 08-17-2003, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

OKAY....Am I the only one here who is dying to know what GLO little women is????????????????????

I can't stand the suspense...argh!

Keep the details coming and good luck!!
Old 08-17-2003, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
OKAY....Am I the only one here who is dying to know what GLO little women is????????????????????
I can't wait to find out either. Just a little hint (although I certainly understand the importance of discretion.) I love the Little Women name too, as it is my all-time "book to take on a desert island" choice!

Good luck to you, LM. I can't wait to read your next chapter.

Christin
Old 08-17-2003, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Good luck! BTW, I to am a big fan of Little Women...awsome book! (Little Men and Jo's Boys were both good a lso)

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-17-2003, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe I am just finding this thread! Best of luck to you with your AI search! I wish you nothing but the best of outcomes.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

lm-

that would be soooo cool if you got to help out the chapter at your alma matter!!! i am glad that things are going so well!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Not a whole lot to say. I sent my message to the Regional Officer as promised. That was Monday. It's only Wednesday, and I'm already checking my e-mail like a mad woman I know I need to be patient...but it's so hard...especially after reading all those Rush threads, I just really want all that good stuff for myself

The message I received from a Little Women member (see earlier post) made me feel so positive about this experience. Even if I don't get the end result I hope for, I have a feeling that I am going to be connecting with a lot of fabulous women along the way. I have been impressed with every member I've known.

I'm going to be working on a project this fall that is closely connected with the Little Women philanthropy. Should I focus on that when talking to alums or should I play it down so I don't look like I'm trying to create the perfect "Little Women" image? Ideas?

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't "focus" on it, but you could bring it up then talk abou tit more if you're asked questions. But, then I wouldn't focus on any one thing.

I can only speak for the alumnae I have been in contact with but depending how involved the alumnae are (i.e., some may only care about local things going on) some of them may not even have much of a clue about what is going on in terms of philanthropy stuff.

You will find that alumnae join the local chapters for many different reasons and many of them may join simply for the social aspects.

Hopefully this makes sense, the caffeine hasn't made it into my body yet.....
Old 08-29-2003, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Happy Update!!!

Progress! Progress!
Yesterday, I got an e-mail from a "Regional Alumnae Officer" in the area to which I will be moving. This is the woman that I e-mailed just over a week ago. Her message was so postive and encouraging. She asked me to send a resume to her, and she will pass it on to the Alumnae Club. She also invited me to visit the Little Women house during Homecoming at my Alma Mater. I have to wait until October for that, but it will be worth it! This Regional Officer will be there, the sisters of the chapter that could potentially sponsor me will be there, and I suspect that other alums will be visiting. This is so exciting!

LM

P.S. Thanks "SmartBlondeGPhiB" for the advice. I will be sure to include my experiences on my resume, but I won't totally focus on philanthropy as my main reason for being interested in Little Women.

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

what exciting news lm!! have a great time meeting the pres on tues. i really hope that things go well!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

That's wonderful! Homecoming sounds like it will be both fun and really promising. I wish you the best.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

hey SmartBlondeGPhiB-
i'm still wondering what group LousiaMay's interested in too. but...... Little Women.....4 women....4 founders??? hmmmm...
Good luck LouisaMay!!
Old 08-29-2003, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AAgammagirl
hey SmartBlondeGPhiB-
i'm still wondering what group LousiaMay's interested in too. but...... Little Women.....4 women....4 founders??? hmmmm...
Good luck LouisaMay!!
Oooh...and 1874.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
hey SmartBlondeGPhiB-
Good luck LouisaMay!!
Sorry to disappoint you but we don't refer to them as alum clubs or Regional Officers so I doubt it's us..............
Old 09-01-2003, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
hey SmartBlondeGPhiB-
Good luck LouisaMay!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to disappoint you but we don't refer to them as alum clubs or Regional Officers so I doubt it's us..............

I was thinking the same thing.....
Old 09-03-2003, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Ahhh...So the guessing begins, huh? Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was using "Alumnae Club" and "Regional Officer" generically. So these terms aren't very accurate clues. To be honest, I'm not positive what the correct terms are for Little Women..........{searching for that info now, so I don't look like a dunce in future correspondence with Little Women}

I apologize for the false leads

LM

Be a Volunteer!