GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,587
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, taylrjnro4590
» Online Users: 2,260
1 members and 2,259 guests
g41965

Old 06-21-2023, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

CG, it’s funny you used fleas as an example. I posted on another thread that I switched vets because my dog’s previous vet was terrible. How do you do a check up, and then have the dog leave without being checked for fleas? He had them before and after that visit because not only were they tearing him up, those little mofos were tearing my ass up too. I finally got a vet that got rid of them.
Old 06-21-2023, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
CG, did you see this one? I thought you’d find it interesting knowing that you reside in Minnesota and subscribe to PBS.
https://youtu.be/XWQfDbbQv9E
So I watched this last night, Phrozen. I’m at work now, so I’ll post my thoughts on it this evening. I’m really not surprised, honestly.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 06-21-2023, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I watch a lot of American history. I don’t necessarily focus on PBS specifically, but I’m currently watching a series on the Ku Klux Klan that just happens to be by PBS. It’s really interesting.
https://youtu.be/D4ZF70ogq0I
Quote:
CG, did you see this one? I thought you’d find it interesting knowing that you reside in Minnesota and subscribe to PBS.
https://youtu.be/XWQfDbbQv9E
I’m not a PBS watcher, but I’ll watch videos that I think match the standard I’m teaching. I’m a 7th grade social studies teacher. I have shown PBS documentaries to my students because they’re very informative. There really isn’t such a thing as a “Jim Crow North” though. Jim Crow is Jim Crow. Jim Crow isn’t just a southern thing. Jim Crow is anything south of the Canadian border. Today, it’s just a more advanced version of it. This is the kind of thread where we can learn from each other.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw the Holocaust was brought up too. 6 million people murdered — that’s just what was recorded. The actual numbers were much higher than that.
Old 06-21-2023, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
So I watched this last night, Phrozen. I’m at work now, so I’ll post my thoughts on it this evening. I’m really not surprised, honestly.
Cool. Looking forward to it. But will you be able to do that without bringing Donald Trump into the mix? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I’m not a PBS watcher, but I’ll watch videos that I think match the standard I’m teaching. I’m a 7th grade social studies teacher. I have shown PBS documentaries to my students because they’re very informative. There really isn’t such a thing as a “Jim Crow North” though. Jim Crow is Jim Crow. Jim Crow isn’t just a southern thing. Jim Crow is anything south of the Canadian border. Today, it’s just a more advanced version of it. This is the kind of thread where we can learn from each other.
I never looked at it that way. Makes sense.
Old 06-21-2023, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Cool. Looking forward to it. But will you be able to do that without bringing Donald Trump into the mix? Lol
lol
Hilarious!

No, I was just going to say how sad it is. Ya know, there were millions of dollars lost during the Jim Crow era due to turning business away from paying customers. The last time I checked, the whole purpose of going into business is to make a profit so you can make a living.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty much every documentary series that they show, I watch. Frontline, POV, American Experience, Ken Burns, Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., etc.. I am a huge fan of PBS and my local PBS station KQED. I know it’s not a documentary, but Finding Your Roots & Stories From the Stage are two of my favorites as documentary type programming. I enjoy all their programming for the most part.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 06-22-2023 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Pretty much every documentary series that they show, I watch. Frontline, POV, American Experience, Ken Burns, Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., etc.. I am a huge fan of PBS and my local PBS station KQED. I know it’s not a documentary, but Finding Your Roots & Stories From the Stage are two of my favorites as documentary type programming. I enjoy all their programming for the most part.
My mama was in charge of programs for the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society, and had Dr. Gates in for a program waaaay back in his career. Super nice guy!
Old 09-16-2023, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m watching this right now. It’s really interesting. Sad to watch but interesting.
https://youtu.be/ARLTyyEKpjE?si=YX7aDqZAisiIUCiI
Old 09-17-2023, 10:56 AM

It may have been on before but I’ve been watching Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland. It’s good but holy cats is it gut wrenching. We have no idea the hell they went through for so long.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
It may have been on before but I’ve been watching Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland. It’s good but holy cats is it gut wrenching. We have no idea the hell they went through for so long.
What’s that on? Is it on Prime/Netflix or anything like that?
Old 02-23-2024, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

https://youtu.be/Af3XVQMmBGQ?si=_dZ_4c-0LdScTRat

Not PBS but still a good documentary.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I don’t like the newer Frontline episodes (hyper focused on news events that I already know too much about) but the older ones (maybe 2015 back) are great. Occasionally I will come across some 90s episodes on YT and they’re still amazing.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I was up watching this. It’s like 3 years old, but still really good. It’s not a PBS documentary, but it’s still a really interesting watch. So, I thought this would be the perfect thread for it.
https://youtu.be/YAqcQ_Ycro4?si=t8OJHRiQ93SEfDXz
Old 04-22-2024, 02:08 PM

I always liked Frontline and American Experience. My two favorite PBS docs are from mid-90s, the "Eyes on the Prize" series about the civil rights movement and "Troublesome Creek: A Midwestern" about the filmmakers parents and farm debt.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)