GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,515
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, SimplymeAllie
» Online Users: 1,846
1 members and 1,845 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 12-16-2000, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Rush at LSU

I'm going to be a freshman at LSU in the fall. I was just wondering what I should expect from rush. I've heard that rush is very competitive. I would really appreciate any tips or advice.

Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-17-2000, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hi LSUgirl! I'm an LSU tiger right now, and I love it!

I'm not in a sorority, but I went through rush there twice. I transferred to LSU for the second semester of my freshman year, so I didn't get a chance to rush until I was a sophomore. I rushed last fall and got overwhelmed and dropped out. I went through again this year as a junior, and was dropped from all 10 houses.

It is a very competitive rush, but its the easiest for incoming freshmen. If you have all your recs in order and have the required GPA (2.5 or greater) you should be in good shape. Its just difficult because the row is long, and its really hot out, and everyone seems so nice that first round of parties, it can be devastating if you get cut from a house you thought liked you.

If you search through this forum, there are some other threads about advice to rushees. If you want some more LSU-specific advice, email me, or post your question here. There are a few LSU students (greek and non-greek) on this board.

Good luck!