View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 03:55 PM

from UT's website:

What is Guaranteed Placement?

Ranking your maximum amount of chapters at each convocation is strongly encouraged and required for you to be eligible for guaranteed placement. If this is followed through the preference event, those potential new members who have ranked the maximum amount of chapters throughout recruitment and who rank all of their options on their preference cards will receive a bid from one of the chapters listed on their preference card. That DOES NOT automatically mean that they will receive their first choice, but it does mean that they will be placed with one of their choices.

I am guessing that they have some sort of mechanism that throws you out if your choices don't mesh with where you actually went - I mean, if you want ABC and they cut you after first round, just because you put ABC on your card I don't think you will get a bid. I don't like to ass-ume but this sounds like one of those things where you have to go back to the max each round even if you have tried to drop a chapter, or "all bets are off."