Thread: Christmas 2023
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 05:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I don't regift, but our church has a regifting event where everyone can exchange something they're not wild about, and the appropriate things go to a charity.

My mama had her "giftie closet" - things that she could give to some of the impromptu guests we had at Christmas. She couldn't bear to think of anyone being by themselves at Christmas.
My mom is like that too. I remember she’d always invite people from our church over to the house so they wouldn’t have to eat Christmas dinner alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I think a lady re-gifted a fruitcake to me at work a few days ago. I’m thinking someone re-gifted it to her. Who knows how many times it’s been re-gifted. I just threw it in the trunk, got home, and in the trash it went.
Lmao! Are fruitcakes still a Christmas thing? I never understood why people give fruitcakes as gifts. Those things are mad nasty. I know the majority of people don’t like fruitcake. I know it because there are too many jokes about getting them for the holidays. I’d have left it at work and let it get molded up Lol.